MARUHAN Investment Asia Pte. Ltd. (MIA) was established in 2012 in Singapore as a financial
holding company. With a unique financial conglomerate framework, MIA’s subsidiaries have
developed banking and microfinance businesses in Southeast Asia.
By providing banking services, facilitating investment from Japan and other countries, as well as introducing advanced digitalization and financial technology, MIA will improve people’s lives and jobs, and contribute to the sustainable growth of economies in Southeast Asia.
SATHAPANA Bank Plc. (as of 30th June 2020)
- Commercial bank in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Paid-up capital USD150 million (100%).
- Total assets USD1,861 million.
- 171 branches and 226 ATMs nationwide.
- 4,430 staff.
- Representative Office in Yangon, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
MARUHAN Japan Bank Plc. was established in May 2008 as the first Japanese-owned commercial bank in the Kingdom of Cambodia, aiming to contribute to the development and growth of Cambodia through providing various kinds of banking services and investment from Japan. In December 2012, MARUHAN Japan Bank Plc. acquired SATHAPANA Limited, a leading microfinance institution in Cambodia. In April 2016, MARUHAN Japan Bank Plc. and SATHAPANA Limited were merged, and SATHAPANA Bank Plc. was born. Today, SATHAPANA Bank Plc. is one of the leading commercial banks in Cambodia with a network of 171 branches nationwide.
MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao Co., Ltd. (as of 30th June 2020)
- Commercial bank in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- Paid-up capital LAK385,060 million (equivalent USD45 million) (90%).
- Total assets LAK783,454 million (equivalent USD87 million).
- 1 Head Office, 3 service units and 5 ATMs nationwide.
- 119 staff.
MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao Co., Ltd. was established in February 2013 as the first Japanese-owned commercial bank in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, aiming to contribute to the development and growth of Laos through providing various banking services and investment from Japan. Today, MARUHAN Japan Bank Lao Co., Ltd. is one of the leaders in retail automobile financing and also strengthening SME loan, with a network of one head office and 3 branches nationwide, one of which is a digital oriented papaerless branch.
SATHAPANA Limited (as of 30th June 2020)
- Microfinance institution in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Paid-up capital MMK26,237 million (equivalent USD20 million) (99.99%).
- Total assets MMK172,531 million (equivalent USD125 million).
- 1 Head Office, 50 branches nationwide.
- 1,410 staff.
SATHAPANA Limited was established in August 2015 as the first Japanese-owned microfinance institution to offer a full range of micro financial products and services to the grass roots of the people in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Initially starting with 4 branches in the Yangon, Bago, Mandalay and Ayeyarwady regions, today SATHAPANA Limited has 50 branches nationwide, and has grown as the second largest microfinance institution in Myanmar.